When you are planning to get a Las Vegas storage unit, it can tough to calculate exactly how much space you’ll need for your belongings. You don’t want to rent a space that’s too small because you won’t have enough room to stay well organized. And you don’t want to rent a space that’s too large because you’ll be paying for space you are not using.
Let’s take a look at some of the ways to determine just how much storage space you will need.
Storage Unit Size Guidelines
Here’s a complete list
- 5 by 5 unit (25 square feet). This is about the same size as an average home closet. If you have small items to stores, such as book, records, and files—things that fit into a smallish box—this might be all you need.
- 5 by 10 unit (50 square feet). This is big enough for storing boxes, a kitchen appliance or two, a small mattress set, chairs, and the like. If you have a motorcycle to store, this size is perfect.
- 5 by 15 unit (75 square feet). This can store the contents that might be in a one-bedroom apartment, such as a couch, chair, coffee table, dining set, sports equipment, bicycles, and so on. It’s great for storing seasonal items.
- 10 by 10 unit (100 square feet). This size is ideal if you are storing the contents that would fit into a two-bedroom apartment. It’s big enough for larger appliances, a king-sized mattress, and other furniture.
- 10 by 15 unit (150 square feet). If you are storing items from a small, three-bedroom home, this is a good size. It can hold items such as TVs, bicycles, large furniture, dining sets, and even a piano.
- 10 by 20 unit (200 square feet). With this size storage unit, you can store vehicles such as small cars and boats. There will probably be plenty of room leftover to fill it with boxes, sports equipment, and other small and medium sized personal items.
- 10 by 25 unit (250 square feet). This is a good size for a small boat and its trailer, and you’ll still have plenty of room to spare for furniture and other personal items.
- 10 by 25 unit (300 square feet). This is a big unit, and it can store vehicles and other large items. If you are moving across the country and need to store things from a large home, this size is ideal. U.S. News and World Report includes other tips for managing a cross-country move in their article 7 Tips for Moving Across the Country Without Draining Your Bank Account.
of the storage units we have available, with details on whether they are climate-controlled or not as well as pricing.
With just a little bit of forethought, you can make sure you have the right size storage unit for your belongings. Do you still have questions? No worry! Talk to the pros at Storage Durango Blue Diamond, and we’ll do what we do best: Help you find the storage unit that is perfect for your needs. If you need supplies, we also sell boxes and other items you might need for storage. Contact us
today at 702-361-3304 or visit us online at http://www.storagedurangobluediamond.com.